Chrissy’s Review: I Loved It!
Wow, I think I may have actually liked this better than Losing It. Cade and Max (MacKenzie) are so different, and so alike, and so relate able. We already know Cade, Bliss’s best friend from Losing It, and in the beginning of this story, your heart breaks for him, then out of nowhere Max shows up in his life. She is completely different than anything he has every seen and something pulls at him. Max on the other hand, is a “hot mess” and looking for a fake boyfriend since her neurotic parents showed up unexpectedly and her current boyfriend is not someone she can actually introduce to them. A deal is struck and a story begins.
There are a lot of ups and downs with these two, and you get frustrated, but each of them is afraid of the unknown and losing each-other, if only they can admit it. Max’s parents are insane, but with good reason, a tragic event in the past makes them so protective of her, and she is anything but what they envision as the perfect daughter. Cade doesn’t help the situation with being “Golden Boy” and her parents absolutely loving him. There were parts of the first time he met them that had me giggling, especially when you were reading in Max’s point of view, you could tell she was annoyed, and it was quite hilarious.
I loved how this story was written with each chapter in alternating points of views, you weren’t left guessing what the other character was thinking, wanting, etc. If only they could communicate better, maybe things wouldn’t have been so crazy, as the reader you know what’s going on, but apparently the characters do not, or are too blind to see. I absolutely loved Cade, the way he acts around Max, the way he’s protective of her, and the who he becomes because of her, LOVED HIM! Max is pretty amazing too, she’s hilarious, neurotic in her own way, and someone you can relate to, always trying to be someone you aren’t to impress people who should love you no matter what.
This story was amazing, and I’m so excited we are getting another story “Finding It” which is Kelsey’s story. I love how we started with a group of characters in Losing It (focused around Bliss and Garrick) and are getting the other characters stories now. I know we are getting a novella from Losing It, and I can only hope we get one for Faking It as well. These characters are amazing, and the writing is as well. You could relate to Max and Cade and their struggles, because you’ve had loss, tragedy, and have been hurt, and can relate to the feelings they have.
Definitely pick this book up, but only if you’ve read Losing It. That way you will understand more of the characters and what Cade has been through. I loved this book and couldn’t put it down. Cora did an amazing job, and I am looking forward to reading many other books from her!
- Faking It (Losing It #2) by Cora Carmack (shaninsanfran.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Faking It (Losing It #2) by Cora Carmack (novelcsanchez.wordpress.com)
- Book Review – Faking It (leannecrabtree.wordpress.com)
- FAKING IT Hot and Steamy Coming of Age Novel for the “New” Adult (fangswandsandfairydust.blogspot.com)
- Review: Faking It by Cora Carmack (bookarooju.wordpress.com)
- Faking It by Cora Carmack Audiobook Review & Book Giveaway (thereadingdate.com)
- Faking It By Cora Carmack Review! (zakirrahsbookblog.wordpress.com)
- Review: Faking It – Cora Carmack (page2urning.wordpress.com)
- Release Day Review – Faking It by Cora Carmack (havebookwillread.com)
- Faking It (Losing It #2) by Cora Cormack (agirlaboyandablog.wordpress.com)